Motorcycles, riders and equipment
The bikes eligible for Andorra 500 are all pre-1980 models (“classic” category), all neo-retro models from 1980 to the present (“neoclassic” category) and all modified bikes: Café Racers, Customs, Bobbers (“Custom” category).
A “tourist” category has also been established for anyone who wants to drive and enjoy the experience without timing. These riders will complete the same circuits, obeying the highway code in the countries the route passes through, and starting after the competition participants.
The organisers reserve the right to refuse to allow the participation of any motorcycles that do not meet the race criteria (period, state, verification, etc.). Vehicles may be changed with the authorisation of the jury and the race judges. The penalty for this will be 300 points.
TECHNICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE VERIFICATION
Administrative verification will take place on June 3 at the Hotel Coma. All riders must present the following valid documents for verification:
. National driver’s license
. All participants must take out an FMA (Andorra Motorcycle Federation) license at a cost of €50 euros for the three days of the event (licenses will be issued at this verification session)
. Permission from the owner of the vehicle registered for Andorra 500, if the rider registered is not the owner
. Yellow card
. Green card certifying insurance of the vehicle
Participants agree to submit the originals of the documents required. Photocopies and statements of loss or theft will not be accepted, and entrants in this situation may not be permitted to start the race.
Technical verification will take place from 10.30 am to 3.30 pm on June 3 at the Hotel Coma. This will be a completely general process, focusing on such important points for safety as: state of tyres, general state of maintenance of the vehicle, approved crash helmet, etc.
The responsibility of the technical commissioner and the organisers with regard to the suitability of vehicles will be based solely and exclusively on these points.
COMPETITORS AND RIDERS
A) – REGISTRATION
The number of entries is restricted to 120 motorcycles. Any rider who cancels their participation is permitted to assign their place to another rider.
- Any motorbike can be replaced by another up to the time of verification.
- To be valid, registrations must be accompanied by the amount payable as the entry fee.
- As the Andorra 500 is an invitation event, the organisers reserve the right to accept or reject all applications to register. In the latter case, the interested party will be informed within 8 days following reception of their registration.
- By submitting their registration, all riders taking part in the event agree without restriction to adhere to the general rules and regulations and to the specific rules for the competition, especially as regards image rights.
- Teams sponsored by brands, club teams and groups of friends can enter in the “team” category. A team must comprise at least 3 vehicles, up to a maximum of 5. The results achieved by the leading 3 members of each team will count in deciding the winning team.
As Andorra 500 is organised with the support of the Andorra Motorcycle Federation (FMA), all participants must take out an FMA license at cost of €50 euros for the 3 days of the event (this license must be obtained once here).
C) REGISTRATION FEE
The registration fee is €850. Registrations will be made according to hotel availability. The fee includes acceptance of the organisers’ advertising. For those who do not consent to this, an additional charge of 50% will be added to the fee.
The registration fee covers, for one rider and his/her motorcycle:
- general event organisation
- sporting and logistical assistance
- local and national permits
- 3 nights in hotel, with double or twin room, from the evening of Friday, June 3 to the morning of Monday, June 6.
- all meals for the person registered (3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners + drinks at stops over the 2 stages)
- prize-giving on 5 June 2016
- compulsory insurance covering the civil liability of participants and the organisers for the classic regularity rally
- the cost of overnight parking spaces
- 1 plate with the bike number and the Tripy (see Annex 1)
- the gifts presented to each rider.
Your registration fee includes the use of a TRIPY digital roadbook, which will be fitted to your vehicle during verification (see Annex 1 for installation instructions). All motorbikes must be fitted with RAM Mount-type ball and socket system of your own choice. This obligatory equipment should be installed, ideally, on the left-hand side of the handlebar, and should selected according to the model of your motorbike at the Tripy accessories webshop or by another representative of your choice (prices range from €15 for Ref. 6004 U-mount RAM-ball for tubular handlebars). This socket system is compulsory for presentation at technical controls.
A very picturesque place with mountain roads that makes dream all the bikers...Cyril Despres